I get this question a LOT from my clients and sometimes I feel like its a matter of taking it step by step so that people pick up what I’m puttin’ down.
How do you apply false lashes?
Well the answer is pretty simple actually, you just have to have patience and a little practice.
First, lets just go ahead and call a spade a spade, you don’t have to have the most expensive lashes for them to look good. Yes it’s helpful to have ones that look like they could be yours in order to get the “I woke up like this” look, lol..
Here are some quick steps you can take to bring you that much closer to bringing out your inner Marilyn:
1. Pick your lashes.
2. Line your lids with a brown or black liner. You can make it thick or thin, this is just so that you can help yourself in the camouflaging of your faux lashes to your real lashes.
3. Apply a thin layer of glue on the lash. Now it has to start to dry. Seriously just hang out, do a little dance, practice your “selfie” looks, put the lashes in front of a fan or air conditioner or just blow on it, it’s just going on your own eye after all, lol. The glue has to be tacky before attempting to attach this to your lash line. Why? because otherwise, that glue, with the heat of your own eye is going to slide around your lid, getting into your lashes and lid and that’s just not a pretty look.
4. Once tacky, you can very carefully place it as closely as you can to your lash line. If the glue is tacky, it will grip right away so take your time and get it right. Once you’ve stuck it to your lid, you can go ahead and kind of push it into your lash line.
5. Now that you’re all lashed up, you can go ahead and either apply eye liner on top of the lashes if you need to, to make the line a little smoother or thicker depending on the look you’re going for.
6. Now grab your mascara and blend your real lashes with your faux lashes.
You’re all set! Now you’re all glammed up and it’s time to step out 🙂